Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July and upcoming events!!

My mom loved fireworks, loved the 4th of July. When I was growing up we always went and saw fireworks. We would go see the ones in Morgan Hill till those closed down and then started going to the ones in Gilroy. We always got there early and ate dinner and just goofed around. I've discovered that this is another time of year that I really miss her. We have no set plans for 4th and since she died we have nothing that we really enjoy doing.

Of course last year the twins were really little and the year before that I was pregnant and sick and this year Ethan is still little and their bedtime is 7p. However someone told me about the Rancho Cordova 4th of July festival. It starts at like 10am and runs till about 4pm. I thought that would be perfect! We ended up getting a late start and decided to head out after first nap, around noon. We got there around 1pm and it was warming up but there was a nice breeze. Our van was packed! We couldn't figure out if we were going to take 2 double strollers, 1 double and 1 single, or 1 double and the new wagon. Well we got there and decided that we would try the wagon. The twins have their own little seats in it and buckles. They seemed to enjoy it!!





The Festival was very nice, it was held at Hagon Park right next to the American River so there were a TON of people that were camped out and bbq'ing. They had some cute vendors and some cute kids things. Jon raced some go-carts and won! Nate was so proud!!






We then took a nice walk by the river. It was a great time! We came home to bbq. We had tri-tip marinating in the "mojo" and we added some baked potatoes and asparagus to that and had a great dinner. Fireworks were at about 10pm. Jon and Nate sat up on the roof where they could get a pretty good view and I hung out on the ladder. I will not get up on the roof!





It was nice but boy do I look forward to when we have something that we do every year.




As I've said before both Jacob and Ethan are in Early Intervention. It's called Pride and Joy here and it's basically a state run program that helps infants/children with delays. We took Jake last week to get a full assessment on him and he is at 17-18 months with his fine and gross motor skills. Which is perfect considering that's exactly how old he is. Which tells me that Aly is WAY ahead!!! However Jake is only talking at a 9month level. So he's at least 50% behind and that means he qualifies for their services. I do think that he's a bit farther ahead then that but I knew he was behind. I figure the more help he can get now the better. We don't know what his plan will be, I'm hoping to go and fill out all the paperwork and his 6 month goal sheet next week.

The twins start swimming lesson's Saturday!! I'm SOOO excited! It's a parent participation class so my bf Barbara is coming to help, while Nate stays home with Ethan and Jon. As much as my kids LOVE water I'm hoping this will be a lot of fun! We had wanted Jon to take classes, even though Jon really doesn't want to, but the times are really bad. Plus with soccer starting next month we just can't really plan anything yet.

Ethan has his 4 month check up on Friday and I can't wait to see how much he weighs! He's already in 9 month size clothes... He's such a big boy!

Speaking of clothes, I'm going CRAZY!!!!!!!!! Like I said Ethan who is only 4.5 months old is moving his way into 9 month size clothes, I've hardly gotten out all the 6 month clothes!! Not to mention the 9 month clothes I have are winter clothes since they are mostly Jakes. Then theirs Jakes.. He's in TWO sizes! He wears 18 months for shirts, pj's and one piece outfits. However for shorts he's in 12 months. He waist is 12 months so his pants have to either be a LONG 12 month or 18 month with an adjustable waist. And lets not forget about Aly. This girl was in a size 12 month, I swear! But not anymore. We've had to down-size! I had to go back out to the shed and pull out a bin of 9 month clothes because her 12 month clothes are just hanging on her. None of the pants fit. I know this is because of all the running around they are doing but geesh can't they at least stick to ONE size??

I would love to just throw everything away and start over :-) Oh yeah Nate would LOOOVEE that! haha. I used to love going through their clothes but these days it's just a bit much. I did run across some of Aly's preemie clothes and boy are those adorable! I can't believe she was that tiny.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment