Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The beginnig....




So I finally decided that I really need to keep up with a blog! The twins are growing so fast and I can never keep up with all that they do. I always manage to forget to tell someone something and I get in trouble :-) So I'm hoping that I can just put everything here to keep anyone and everyone who cares updated on the lives of the Poehlmans.
As for today... Ethan is now 2 weeks and a day old. He was circumcised yesterday morning and poor thing is still in some pain. I just cried right along with him during all the diaper changes yesterday, as I did with Jacob and even Jonathan. So glad that this is the last time! Ethan did get weighed yesterday and had gained a whole 1lb 2oz, putting him at a whopping 7lbs 14oz. I still can't believe he was so small!
The twins are 13.5 months old and I don't know where the time went!
Lets start with Jacob... His biggest issue today is the fact that he has a cold. His poor little nose hasn't stopped running and he has an icky wet cough. But besides that you would never know he was sick. He's all over the place! He's taking 5-6 steps at a time but would still rather crawl. However if you hold his hand to help him walk he thinks its hysterical and can hardly walk because he's so busy laughing. He still seems so much bigger then little Aly! No more teeth to report, so far we have 4 on top and 3 on the bottom. I think his hair is the funniest thing these days. It's really thin and straight and it's always sticking out in some way after a nap or bedtime--I love it! I swear he looks like a little Einstein :-) He's such a happy sweet boy, and he gives the best hugs and open mouth kisses!
Miss Alyssa is just a little doll. I swear she feels hollow when I pick her up! She still is the closed-up one but once her personality comes out--wow is she entertaining! I can not get enough of her precious smile! Speaking of smile she finally got her first tooth last week. I can't believe it took so long and it was her right top middle. However unlike Jake, you had no idea she was teething, still the sweetest thing. She is walking ALL over the place and all the time. She doesn't talk much either but she sure does scream and yell alot. She's also just started singing--too cute!!
Jonathan is now in 3rd grade and sure has a lot of homework! He's doing great in school this year. Multiplication is not a fun thing to learn but he's doing really well! He's also reading at a strong 4th grade level. He just did an Animal Report on Bald Eagles--that was actually a lot of fun and very interesting. As of today Jon is at school--however he called home cause he doesn't feel good. I told him to lie down for a bit and try again. I haven't heard back and he should be home off the bus anytime, so I'm assuming it went well.
As for Nathan and I, we're doing great. Tired, exhausted, blessed, did I mention tired? Ethan is a great sleeper--however I think it's normal for ONE infant :-) we were just used to 2 not sleeping so getting 3 hours of sleep is wonderful! We spent this last weekend looking at mini-vans and will hopefully be getting one in the next week or so. The suburban is just too big and we all know the camero is just too small!
Well Jon's home from school, so I'm off to help with homework!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a blog!!!!! Welcome to the world Ethan!! Sounds like everyone is doing great. Look forward to reading more and seeing more pics!!

    ReplyDelete